BUY_DISCOUNT_ABSORBENTS manufacturer direct absorbents Spill Control Products Knowledge CenterSpill Control Products Farm Ag Spill
Questions, need help? Open Live Chat Window with a Spill Source Product Expert - Click Here

Federal SPCC Program Information for Farmers and Ranchers

What is considered a farm under the SPCC program?

Under the SPCC program a “farm is a facility on a tract of land devoted to the production of
crops or raising of animals, including fish, which produced and sold, or normally would have
produced and sold $1,000 or more of agricultural products during a year.”

How do I determine if my farm is subject to the SPCC program?

Your Farm is covered if:
-If you store, transfer, use, or consume oil or oil product, such as diesel fuel, gasoline, lube
oil, hydraulic oil, adjuvant oil, crop oil, vegetable oil, or animal fat; and

-If you store more than 1,320 gallons in aboveground containers or more than 42,000 gallons
in completely buried containers; and

- If you could reasonably be expected to discharge oil to waters of the U.S. or adjoining
shorelines, such as interstate waters, intrastate lakes, rivers, and streams. (Count only
containers of oil that have a storage capacity of 55 gallons and above)

-Adjacent or non-adjacent parcels, either leased or owned, may be considered separate
facilities for SPCC purposes. Containers on separate parcels (that the farmer identifies
as separate facilities based on how they are operated) do not need to be added together
in determining whether the 1,320-gallon applicability threshold is met.

What should I do? View Overview for Farms

**To Download Flyers and Brochure PDF's Below click image to start**

page6-featured_stormwater page6-stormwater-full-brochure page5-hazmat_pipe_plugs page2-sorbent_specials-2